Objectives for the Year
This is the Boys last year as Cub Scouts.† The highest award they can earn is Arrow of Light.† Our Pack presents each Scout with a Arrow of Light Plaque and a badge that they wear.† The plaque holds a decorated arrow with beads, feathers and stripes that represent the major accomplishes your son has earned in Cub Scouts.† The patch is worn on the Boy Scout uniform.
The following is a list of the requirements for the Arrow of Light:
- Be active in your Webelos Den for at least 6 months since completing the 4th grade (or at least six months since becoming 10 years old), and earn the Webelos Badge.
- Show your knowledge of the requirements to become a Boy Scout by doing all of these:
o Repeat from memory and explain in your own words the Scout Oath or Promise and the 12 points of the Scout Law.
o Give and explain the Scout motto, slogan, sign, salute, and handclasp.
o Understand the significance of the First Class Scout Badge.† Describe its parts and tell what each stands for.
o Tell how a Boy Scout uniform is different from a Webelos Scout uniform.
o Tie the joining knot (square knot)
- Earn 5 more activity badges in addition to the three you already earned for the Webelos Badge.† The total of 8 activity badges must include : Fitness, Citizen, Readyman, one from Outdoor Group, one from Mental Skills Group, one from Technology Group and two more of your choice.
- With your Webelos Den, visit at least 1 Boy Scout troop meeting and one Boy Scout outdoor activity.
- Participate in a Webelos overnight campout or day hike
- After you have completed all of the above requirements, and after a talk with your Webelos leader, arrange to visit ,with your parent or guardian, a meeting of a Boy Scout troop you think you might like to join.† Have a conference with the Scoutmaster.† Turn-in an application to become a Boy Scout.
Iíve made arrangements for Den 2 to attend a Troop 747 Troop Meeting in December and meet with the Scoutmaster† to sign up for Boys Scouts in February.† In addition to these meetings, all of the Den 2 parents should plan to attend a meeting with Troop 747 Leaders in August.
It will be up to you to attend either the WOW(Webelos Outdoor Woods or Troop 747 overnight camp).† Both are listed on our calendar pages.
Beyond fulfilling the Arrow of Light requirements, we will have planned meetings that could earn a belt loop, sport pin, Webelos badge.
Steve & Mike